I have the Best BBQ Chicken Drumsticks recipe for you! Mark started making BBQ chicken drumsticks years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since. He has perfected the recipe to only 3 ingredients. It is a very inexpensive meal option that can feed a group of people. You can typically get about 10-15 drumsticks in a pack for about $5-$10. We often cook this dish with a few side dishes when we get together with our whole family or a few friends. It also saves well for leftovers for the week. Bonus!
BBQ Chicken Drumsticks at Home
I love having a few staple dishes that are easy to make and something that everyone loves. These chicken drumsticks are seriously one of our top meals to make every week and I can’t believe I haven’t shared this with you sooner! I’ll be sharing more of our every day meals on here this year. If you’ve never had a finger licking good BBQ chicken drumstick, you are going to want to make these at home, immediately!
These BBQ Chicken Drumsticks are seasoned with El Mexicano carne asada seasoning on all sides. Then they are taken to the preheated grill to cook for about 45 minutes. Make sure to rotate 1/4 degree every 10-15 minutes to cook through.
Next, add some Sweet Baby Reys original BBQ sauce to a large bowl. Use tongs to dip each piece of chicken into the BBQ sauce to coat. Sometimes we leave a few pieces uncoated for those that don’t like BBQ sauce. You could also use homemade or another BBQ sauce but we’ve found this one to be our favorite!
- 1 Package of Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 Tablespoons of El Mexicano Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1/2 Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ Sauce
- Start the BBQ
- Sprinkle a light even coating of carne asada seasoning on all sides of the drumsticks.
- Grill for about 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the thickness of the chicken. Make sure to rotate the chicken 1/4 degree every 10-15 minutes to cook all sides evenly.
- Pour BBQ sauce in a large bowl.
- Use tongs to coat each piece of chicken evenly with the BBQ sauce.
- Place each piece on a cookie sheet or serving tray then enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these finger licking good BBQ Chicken Drumsticks! They are a family favorite. Enjoy! xo, Bri