I’m loving this Spicy Italian Dogs recipe for summer chillin and grillin days! When we are home on the weekend we spend as much time as we can in the backyard, which calls for grillin! If you’re looking for something different than hot dogs, you’ve got to try these Spicy Italian Dogs made with Spicy Italian Pork Sausage, sent over from our sponsor, True Story Foods! I love Italian food but don’t make as much pasta when it is so hot out. These Spicy Italian Dogs bring all the delicious Italian flavors of mozzarella, spicy sausage, tomato and grilled veggies together for a super tasty dish!
I’ve been loving all the products I’ve tried from True Story Foods. Their products are organic, full of flavor and simply delicious. The Spicy Italian Pork Sausages are good all on their own but I loved the addition of these classic Italian toppings.
I started by sautéing the veggies in olive oil on the stove. You could also grill these if you prefer. I grilled the sausages and added those to the buns.
Next, just start adding toppings to the sausage dogs. I started with the tomato sauce, mini mozzarella balls and veggies. I put these in the toaster oven to melt everything together. You could also do this on the top rack of the oven. I finished them off with some fresh chopped parsley.
These Spicy Italian Dogs are awesome for summer BBQ’s! They come together pretty quick so you can enjoy time with your guests or family while enjoying a tasty meal – all in one!
Get the Spicy Italian Dogs Recipe Below!
- 1 Package of True Story Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 Package of Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Package of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Package of Mini Mozzarella Balls
- 1 Cup of Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, Chopped
- Grill Spicy Italian Sausages
- Saute Veggies in Olive Oil with salt till cooked
- Add Sausage to Bun
- Top with Tomato Pasta Sauce, mozzarella balls and veggies
- Toast Spicy Italian Dogs in Toaster Oven Till Cheese Melts (And Before the Buns Burn!)
- Garnish with Chopped Parsley
Do you have any grilling plans with your family & friends this summer? What will you be cooking? If you try these, be sure to let me know in the comments below! xo – Bri
This post is sponsored by True Story Foods. All opinions are my own.