I love a good hearty dinner during the week that is quick to put together. You are going to love these Easy Swedish Meatballs with Rice any night of the week! This delicious meal can be made in under 30 minutes with minimal ingredients that you probably already have on hand. I'm using meatballs that are already made, you can find these in the meat section at most grocery stores. I like using beef but you can also use pork. Read along for all the steps to make these easy Swedish Meatballs!
Ingredients For Swedish Meatballs
I love that you really don't need too many ingredients to make a delicious gravy. I use butter, flour, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, heavy cream and salt & pepper.
How to Make Swedish Meatballs
These are so easy to make, especially if you grab pre-made meatballs from the meat section of the grocery store. You can also purchase ground beef and roll into 1 inch balls. I like to just season with salt and pepper but you can add additional seasonings if you'd like. Be sure to brown the meatballs on all sides evenly in a little oil. You'll want to cook for a total of 10-15 minutes. A little longer if it's pork. Go ahead and start cooking your rice in a separate pan when you start cooking the meatballs.
Once the meatballs are cooked through, set aside. Keep the pan on medium heat and add in butter to melt into the meat drippings. Then add in the flour to stir. Once combined, you can add in the broth, worcestershire sauce, cream and salt & pepper.
I love using our new Fusion Guard Pans from Masterchef. Grab the full recipe below!
- 1 Spray of Avocado Oil
- 1 Pound of Meatballs (Beef or Pork)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Cup of White Rice + 2 Cups of Water
- Cook rice according to package instructions
- Heat medium saucepan on medium heat and add a spray of avocado oil.
- Saute meatballs on each side in pan for 2-3 minutes per side. Cook for 10-15 minutes total or until cooked through.
- Set meatballs aside
- Add butter to medium saucepan to combine with meat drippings.
- Add flour and combine.
- Pour in beef broth, Worcestershire, salt & pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer 1 minute.
- Add meatballs and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add rice to a dish and top with meatballs and gravy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 974mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g
Be sure to pin the image above to save for later! Enjoy! xo, Bri