I love a good chili recipe and recently created the best Easy White Chicken Chili for any night of the week. You can make this in under 30 minutes and it has tons of flavor with minimal ingredients. You can really bring a tasty chili together with ground meat, beans, seasonings and in this recipe, chicken broth. I added green salsa too which brings all the flavors of peppers, onion and tomatillos without all the prep. Read on for the recipe!
How to Make Easy White Chicken Chili
First, get out all of your ingredients. For this recipe, I am using ground chicken. You could also use ground turkey or ground beef. Next, you will need 2 cans of white beans, Cannellini or similar. You’ll need a jar of green salsa and chicken broth. I’ve tried this recipe with the green salsa from Trader Joes and one from Amazon Fresh. Both turned out amazing. You’ll also need salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Lastly, you’ll add in the sour cream.
I like to drain and rinse the canned beans.
For the seasonings, I used 1 teaspoon of each to add to the meat while it cooks. Also add in salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the ground chicken throughly before adding in the salsa and chicken broth. Then add the beans in and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- 1 Pound of Ground Chicken
- 2 Cans of Cannellini Beans
- 2 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 Jar of Green Salsa
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Optional: Shredded Cheese, Avocado, chips and Black Olives
- Cook the ground chicken in a medium to large stockpot on medium heat.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add in the chicken broth, beans, and salsa.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 - 20 minutes
- Add in sour cream and simmer 1 minute
- Serve with shredded cheese, avocado, chips and black olives.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 769mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 12gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
I hope you enjoy this recipe for easy white chicken chili! xo, Bri