It is back to school time for us in San Diego and I’m working on meal prep ideas to make the weeknights easy! I love to eat healthy food but it is not always as convenient. I’ve got a few easy prep ideas to make weeknights a breeze. I’ve partnered up with Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey to bring you these simple and healthy California Turkey Bowls. The best part is you can also adjust it to make tacos or a salad too!
I’m using Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey in this recipe because it is a healthy and lean source of protein. We used to use a lot of ground beef but have switched over to mostly ground turkey for these types of meals in the last year or so. I like that Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey has no antibiotics or added hormones. Our kiddos love ground turkey and we make quite a few different meals with it every week.
If you want to prep the California Turkey bowls over the weekend, get started by cooking the rice and the ground turkey. You can also chop up the veggies and make the jalapeño ranch sauce. The California Turkey Bowl is a simple bowl that comes together with vibrant flavors. I like to add taco seasoning to spice up the ground turkey. You can simply use salt and pepper if you prefer but I like a little more spice.
You can also use white, brown rice or even quinoa. What I love about these bowls is that you can mix it up with whatever you have in the fridge.
Once the turkey, rice and beans are cooked you can assemble the bowl. I start out with chopped lettuce then layer on rows of ground turkey, black beans, rice and veggies.
Then I top it off with Jalapeño ranch and fresh chopped cilantro. These are the bomb. I could eat this every night.
- 1 Pound Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon of Taco Seasoning + 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 Cup of Rice
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Bunch of Romain Lettuce Chopped
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Mini Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Chopped Jalapeno
- 1/4 Cup of Ranch
- 1 Squeezed Lime
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheese
- Chopped Cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Brown ground turkey on medium heat until cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and water to turkey and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chop all veggies and set aside.
- Heat up beans and set aside.
- Add squeezed lime and jalapeño to ranch for Jalapeño Ranch Sauce.
- Create Bowl:
- Add chopped lettuce to cover the bottom of the bowl.
- Add rows of cooked ground turkey, black beans, rice veggies and cheese.
- Top with Jalapeño Ranch Sauce and chopped cilantro.
If you’d like to try the California Turkey Bowl as a salad just leave out the rice and add a little more lettuce. You could also make these into tacos if you replace the lettuce with a taco shell. Bam! 3 simple recipes with one basic idea. I hope you enjoy!Enter to win a free package of Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey or save on your next purchase to get you started on your own California Turkey Bowl!
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms. All opinions are my own.