If you haven’t tried watermelon in a salad, you’ve got to try it now! Watermelon is absolutely amazing all on it’s own but just think about adding it to your salad! This Watermelon, Arugula & Parmesan Salad Recipe is my go-to for when I want something refreshing, cool and tasty. It has minimal ingredients with flavors that complement each other really well. You can also add a protein like chicken or steak for a full delicious meal.
Watermelon, Arugula & Parmesan Salad
This is one of my absolute favorite salad recipes to create because it is so simple yet it packs a punch with flavor. I love that it is a unique salad that has restaurant quality taste. You can make this salad with the 3 main ingredients as a side dish or add in avocado and chicken to create a main meal. The dressing can be made with ingredients you probably already have at home. It includes olive oil, orange juice, dijon mustard and salt & pepper to taste. You can substitute the OJ for lime or lemon juice too!
You really want to get the large Parmesan flakes for optimal flavor! The recipe I used for this minimal ingredient, high flavor salad is below:
- Cubed Watermelon
- Baby Arugula
- Parmesan Flakes
- Sliced Avocados (optional)
- Chopped Cooked Chicken (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Orange Juice (Can use lemons or limes too)
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add a handfull of arugula to a bowl
- Add chopped watermelon on top
- Add parmesan flakes
- Mix olive oil, orange juice, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl with a fork until combined.
- Pour dressing on top of the salad and enjoy!
- Add sliced chicken and/or avocado if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you tried the recipe? Let us know what you think. xo, Bri