I made it to round two of the Saucy Mama’s Sliced food blogger contest with my Dill & Jalapeño Bacon Poppers! I am one of 15 bloggers to make it through the appetizer round out of 25 bloggers. Awesome!
I have had so much fun figuring out what to make. Our secret ingredient for the entree round is beans. I had two immediate thoughts: veggie tacos with black beans or black eyed peas with ham. I thought the tacos sounded more fun and I could incorporate the Saucy Mama’s mustard with the sauce.
I recently started making veggie tacos with black beans for Meatless Mondays. The tacos are a really tasty and refreshing meal to start the week off right. I decided to use Saucy Mama’s Creamy Garlic mustard to add a little flavor to regular sour cream. It still wasn’t quite right so I added plain yogurt, onion powder, salt, pepper and fresh lime. The fresh lime and creamy garlic sauce turned out so good! I have been dipping veggies and chips in the dip all week long.
Not only are the veggie tacos refreshing they are super easy to make.
First, get a skillet hot with a little olive oil. Add your chopped portobello mushrooms and cook down until desired consistency. I like mine cooked really well. Then add a little salt for flavor.
While your mushrooms are cooking – get to chopping! Slice up those avocados and chop your bell peppers into thin slivers. Heat up your black beans and set aside.
Mix up the fresh lime and creamy garlic sauce. Take half a tub of sour cream and mix with a 1/4 cup of plain yogurt. Add in 2 tablespoons of Saucy Mama’s Creamy Garlic Mustard. Add in your spices and fresh lime juice and your done!
I set out all of the toppings on a wooden cutting board. Look how pretty:
I really hope you try out these tacos and let me know what you think. And, don’t forget to enter to win a set of Saucy Mama’s Mustards for yourself. Enter here!
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Bag of Sliced Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Pack of Tortillas
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Avocado
- Golden Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Lime (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt for Mushrooms
- Fresh Lime and Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup of Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of Saucy Mama's Creamy Garlic Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of Granulated Onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime
- Heat skillet to medium
- Saute mushrooms with olive oil
- Add Salt to mushrooms and continue cooking for 1 minute
- Slice avocados
- Chop bell peppers into thin slivers
- Cut tomatoes in halves or quarters
- Heat black beans
- Mix sour cream with a 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
- Add in 2 tablespoons of Saucy Mama’s Creamy Garlic Mustard
- Add in your spices and fresh lime juice
- Add all your toppings to your tortilla and serve