If you’re a fan of pickles, you’re going to love this Pickled Grilled Cheese With Turkey! The kiddos have always loved grilled cheese with a side of pickles so I decided to give it a try as a sandwich and let me tell you, it’s fantastic. As a bonus, I added in a few slices of turkey lunch meat and this sandwich will give you 28 grams of protein! Win, win! I’m also excited to bring you this tasty recipe in partnership with our friends at SuckerPunch, the tasty pickles that pack a punch! Grab the full recipe for this pickled grilled cheese with turkey below!
How to Make a Pickled Grilled Cheese
First of all, let’s not get too fancy here. This sandwich is super easy to make. You only need a few ingredients and a grill pan. If you don’t have a grill pan, you can use a skillet too. Pull out all of the ingredients. For this sandwich, I used cottage bread, provolone, Colby jack, turkey lunch meat and SuckerPunch dill pickles.
Add butter to one side of two slices of bread. Lay the buttered side of the bread down on a cutting board. Next, add a slice of cheese to the non buttered side, then top with rolled turkey slices, pickles and the other slice of cheese.
Top with the second slice of bread, making sure the butter side is face up. Next, make sure your pan is hot and on medium heat. Add the sandwich to the grill pan and cover with a lid. Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side. You want nice golden grill marks.
- 2 Slices of Cottage Bread
- 1 Slice of Reduced Fat Provolone Cheese
- 1 Slice of Colby Jack Cheese
- 5 Slices of Turkey Deli Meat, Rolled Up
- 7 SuckerPunch Dill Pickles
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Butter
- Heat grill pan on medium heat.
- Add butter to one side of two slices of bread.
- Lay the buttered side of the bread down on a cutting board.
- Add a slice of provolone cheese to the non buttered side, top with rolled turkey slices, pickles and the Colby Jack cheese.
- Top with the second slice of bread, making sure the butter side is face up.
- Add the sandwich to the grill pan and cover with a lid.
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side. You want nice golden grill marks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 4594mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gProtein: 28g
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our cookbook, Cooking With Kids! xo, Bri
This post is sponsored by SuckerPunch. All opinions are my own.