Do you have those days when you really want something fresh and tasty but you don’t have a ton of time on your hands? I’ve got a fun new recipe that does just that! You’ve got to try these Orange Chicken Bowls With Cilantro Lime Rice this week! I’ve been spicing up some everyday staple items with fresh bold flavors to make cooking fun and easy when we are in a pinch for time. I’m working with Crazy Cuizine to bring you this yummy recipe today. These delicious bowls are made with fully-cooked frozen Mandarin Orange Chicken and can be tossed together in under 20 minutes!
The first thing you’ll want to do is heat up the Mandarin Orange Chicken. Add olive oil to a pan and sauté for 20 minutes. While this is cooking, you can start the other items (below). To finish the orange chicken, add the sauce pack and combine for one minute. Crazy Cuizine Mandarin Orange Chicken is available in Costco stores nationwide.
To make a quick cilantro lime rice, use frozen rice packs. Microwave the rice for 3 minutes. Add in finely chopped cilantro, furikake and squeeze in half of a lime.
Next, you’ll want to make the red cabbage slaw. I purchased a red cabbage slaw mix that had already been cut up in a bag. Then I added in some avocado mayo, sesame oil and rice vinegar to taste. This brings in a lot of crunch, nutrients and brightness to the dish.
I love adding in any green I can when cooking lately. It makes the food so much more vibrant, flavorful and refreshing. I used snow peas for this bowl because I think they pair well with sweet orange chicken. I also topped the cilantro lime rice with some green onions.
Orange Chicken Bowls
Once all your items are ready, you can assemble your orange chicken bowls! I started with the cilantro lime rice on one side of the bowl and then added the snow peas, orange chicken, slaw and a few limes to finish it off.
Our family has always loved orange chicken served with white rice but this bowl is just next level! Give it a try next time you’re in the mood for something comforting and fresh!
- 1 Package of Mandarin Orange Chicken. I used Crazy Cuizine fully-cooked frozen chicken.
- 2 Frozen White Rice Packets
- 1 Package of Snow Peas
- 1 Package of Red Cabbage Slaw Mix
- 2 Limes
- 1 Tablespoon of finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Tablespoon of Avocado Mayo (Or Regular Mayo)
- 2 Teaspoon2 of sesame oil
- 2 Teaspoons of rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of furikake
- Cook Mandarin Orange Chicken for 18 minutes on Medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stiring occasionally. Stir in sauce packet and combine for one minute.
- Cook Rice in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add cilantro, 1/2 of a squeezed lime and furikake to rice. Top with green onions.
- Add sesame oil, rice vinegar and mayo to cabbage mixture.
- Cook Snow Peas in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Assemble bowl with rice, snow peas, orange chicken, cabbage slaw and sliced limes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by Crazy Cuizine. All opinions are my own.