I’m so excited to share that Brian Baumgartner’s new book Seriously Good Chili Cookbook is out today! Also, our Kids Favorite Chili recipe is featured in the cookbook along with 177 of the best chili recipes in the world! This is the Brian that plays ‘Kevin Malone’ in the show The Office. How awesome is that?! The book features specific types of chili, from Texas and Cincinnati to turkey chili, veggie and regional styles. You can find our Kids Favorite Chili in the Homestyle section of the book and I’m sharing it below to celebrate the launch of this awesome book!
Why Is This The Kids Favorite Chili?
The kids love this chili because it doesn’t pack too much heat, only flavor. It only takes 40 minutes to bring this chili to life which makes dinner time much easier. This delicious chili is simple with only 10 ingredients. We enjoy it with chips or on top of hot dogs!
First, cut up the onions. Then open up all the cans of beans and tomatoes. Next, sauté the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes.
Next, add in sausage or ground beef with the seasonings and cook through for 12 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Pound of Ground Sausage or ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt + Pepper
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans, Drained
- 1 Can of White Beans, Drained
- 1 32 oz Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- Sauté onions in olive oil till translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add sausage and seasonings and cook through, 12 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 1460mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 25g
We hope you enjoy this tasty chili recipe and grab a copy of the Seriously Good Chili Cookbook! xo, Bri