This post is sponsored by General Mills. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One of my favorite family dinner nights is taco night! It couldn't get any easier than these Hard Shell Ground Beef Tacos with the Old El Paso Stand N Stuff shells! If you don't have these on your weekly rotation, it's time to add these tacos now. Not only are they easy to put together, but they are tasty and so fun! I love simple meal solutions made even faster with these hard shells thanks to our sponsor, Old El Paso. These taco shells are ready to be filled with any of your favorite toppings. For our latest taco night, we used taco seasoned ground beef, Old El Paso traditional refried beans, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, cotija cheese and topped with spicy crema. Snag the full recipe below!
Summer Taco Nights!
It is finally feeling like summer here in San Diego. I don't know what took so long but hot summer days are what I love most about living here. It seems like it took till July for the sun to shine but I'm just happy it is here and now we can have fun summer dinners out on the patio! I set the stage for this fun taco night with a cute fiesta banner in the background and some margaritas for the adults. The kids love taco night because they get to add their own toppings!
I love these Hard Shell Ground Beef Tacos because they can be made so quickly and the shells are basically ready to go. A quick 30 seconds in the microwave and they are ready to be filled up with toppings. This makes for a festive and fun meal in under 30 minutes. If you are really in a time crunch, Walmart Online Grocery Pick-up is a lifesaver! You can add everything you need for this recipe to online grocery at Walmart, pick it up and have your tacos done in 30 minutes!
We used to eat these shells as a kid but I love that Stand 'N Stuff shells now come with a thicker base so they can stand up all on their own. It was much easier to fill these shells than the thinner version.
If you're looking for some fun summer dinner ideas, I hope you give these tasty Hard Shell Ground Beef Tacos a try! The full recipe is below. Happy Summer! xo, Bri
- 1 Pound of Ground Beef
- 1 Can of Old El Paso Traditional Refried beans
- 1 Package of Old El Paso Stand N' Stuff Shells
- 1 Cup of Shredded Lettuce
- ½ Cup of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- ¼ Cup of Crumbled Cotija Cheese
- ½ Cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Sriracha
- 3 Tablespoons of Taco Seasoning
- Heat ground beef in a skillet on medium heat until cooked
- Add Taco seasoning and water to ground beef, simmer for 5 minutes on low heat
- Make crema: combine sour cream and sriracha
- Heat up refried beans
- Warm taco shells in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Add a layer of refried beans and cooked taco ground beef to the taco shell.
- Top taco with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, cotija cheese and a drizzle of spicy crema.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 634mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.