Almost every big family dinner includes my mom’s amazing heavenly potatoes. They are a gooey delicious mixture of hash browns, cream of mushroom soup and cheese. I wanted to make something similar but with chicken so I came up with creamy heavenly chicken potatoes that can be served all on its own. I love easy comfort meals that can be thrown together for busy weeknights and this does just that.
Simple Ingredients in Heavenly Chicken Potatoes
This simple casserole comes together with just a few ingredients. Use cooked chicken, frozen hash browns, sour cream, cream cheese, diced onion, cheddar cheese and salt & pepper. Then, garnish with green onions. Check out the full recipe below!
- 1 package of cooked chicken (I used Trader Joes)
- 1 package of frozen hash browns
- 1 tub of sour cream
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 package of cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute diced yellow onion with olive oil until cooked
- Add softened cream cheese and stir
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper then stir
- Remove from heat
- Pour hash browns and chicken into a 13 x 9 casserole dish
- Stir in cream mixture
- Top with Cheese
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Top with chopped green onions for garnish
This dish is great for the kiddos.
It makes for a hearty weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy. The kiddos picked off their green onions and enjoyed the rest of the dish. Works for me! There are so many changes in the food industry all the time but I’m going to continue eating whole foods that work for me and our family. The heavenly chicken potatoes use whole milk cheese, sour cream and cream cheese and it was delicious! I’ve never been a fan of fat free and low fat foods but I know they have their purpose. We do typically use 2% milk for regular use and occasionally drink almond or coconut milk because it tastes good.
What are your favorite casseroles? I’ll be working on more casserole recipes soon so drop me your ideas in the comments. These make for awesome leftovers too!
Enjoy! Xo – Bri