First of all, Happy New Year!! 2013 is the year for new dreams! I am a firm believer that if you imagine that something can happen to you than it will happen.
Sometimes we get too busy in the day-to-day that we forget our goals and dreams for the new year. Here is where the Dream Board comes in. Some people call these wish boards or mood boards or whatever you want to call it. I am calling it a dream board because I feel like it is your dreams or desires laid out for you to visualize.
This is my dream board from 2011. As you can see my focus was on eating healthy, getting to the gym more, doing yoga, walking the dog, spending time with family and reading books. Family was my center focus and I ended up getting pregnant and having a baby. So.. looks like my dreams worked out well last year.
I did eat some healthy food while I was preggo but I’m not gonna lie I had my fair share of ice cream drumsticks. I did read a lot of baby books too. I lacked in yoga and dog walking.
So, for this year some of my focus is still the same just maybe a little more fine tuned.
I still want family to be my center focus and learn to be the best mom I can be. I also want to spend more quality time with my husband, work on being more positive when things get hard, give myself some “me” time which includes YOGA, and I would like to work on my business by creating content, networking and by staying current with the industry.
DIY: Your turn! These boards are so easy and fun to make.
– Think about your dreams and goals for the year and write them out.
– Grab your favorite old magazines and start cutting anything that fits your dreams. Look for keywords and pictures that help show what you are looking for.
– I also cut out patterns and colors that I like to make sure the board is visually appealing.
– Grab a piece of cardboard, wood or a photo frame from the dollar store and start glueing your images down.
– Hang your dream board somewhere where you will see it everyday. I put mine in my room right next to my headboard.
Share! Post photos of your dream boards or share on our Facebook page!