If you love a refreshing glass of lemonade, you’re going to really enjoy a glass of our summertime Limeonade! It can, of course be made any time of year but it’s always extra fun in the summer. We made this recipe years ago, when Kyla was a toddler, so you’ll see some photos from the early days below too. Our limeonade recipe is very close to any lemonade recipe but with that added zesty flavor from the limes. Get out your juice squeezers and enjoy this delicious recipe!
How do you make Limeonade?
Limonade is a basic combination of citrus mixed with simple syrup. You can start by making the simple syrup and while it’s cooking, start squeezing the lemons and limes into a bowl.
Once you have the simple syrup made and the juices squeezed, you can pour the juice into a pitcher. Add simple syrup to taste with water and ice. Grab the full recipe below!
- 6 Lemons
- 3 Limes
- Simple Syrup 1/2 cup of Sugar and 2 Cups of Water
- 4 Cups of Water
- Make simple syrup: add sugar and water to a medium saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Use a handheld juicer to squeeze the juice out of the limes and lemons
- Pour 1.5 cups of the simple syrup and the juice into a large pitcher
- Fill with 4 cups of water
- Add more simple syrup to taste
- Add ice to cup and fill with limeonade
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 44gProtein: 1g
I hope you enjoy and pin this recipe for later! xo, Bri