We love getting festive around the holidays. This year we’re making Shamrock Shakes for St. Patrick’s Day + a Magic Treat! This Shamrock Shake is so easy to make and tastes is super yummy! It’s a mint chocolate ice cream blended with milk and whipped cream into a delicious shake. The Mint Chocolate Kit Kat garnish is my fav addition to the shake because it also doubles as a spoon! The rainbow rim really brings in the fun and reminds me of all the rainbows we see at St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. Grab the Shamrock Shake recipe and an easy to make Magic Rainbow Seeds Treat bag idea below!
The kids love celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by wearing something green and trying to catch the leprechaun with homemade traps. One year we grabbed a few items from the dollar store like baskets, gold coins and string to create leprechaun traps. This year we’re enjoying these minty Shamrock Shakes!
Ingredients in a Shamrock Shake
You really only need two ingredients to make a shamrock shake – mint chocolate chip ice cream and milk. For this recipe, I also added whipped cream into the shake to make it nice and thick. The top of the glass is dipped in marshmallow cream and topped with sprinkles. You can also top with coconut flakes. We tried it both ways and the kids like the sprinkles best. I also did a big dollop of whipped cream on top covered in green sprinkles and added the mint chocolate Kit Kats to the top!
I love the way the rainbow sprinkles look on the top of the glass!
How To Make a Shamrock Shake for St. Patrick’s Day?
First, dip your glasses in marshmallow cream. Cover the back of a spoon with the cream to easily dip the glass into it. Then sprinkle the sprinkles right onto the glass. You can do this over a plate to reuse any sprinkles that drop on the plate. Next, blend the ice cream, milk and whipped cream in a blender. Pour into the glasses and top with whipped cream. Add green sprinkles to the whipped cream and a stick of the Kit Kat to the top.
This is definitely a recipe the kids are going to want to make with you!
- 2 Cups of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Make sure it's green)
- 1 Cup of Milk, + additional if needed
- 1/2 Cup of Whipped Cream or Cool Whip for Shake, Additional 2 Tablespoons to Top
- 2 Tablespoons of Marshmallow Cream
- 2 Teaspoons of Rainbow sprinkles
- 2 Teaspoons of Green Sprinkles
- 1 Package of Mint Chocolate Chip Kit Kat
- Dip your glasses in marshmallow cream. Cover the back of a spoon with the cream to easily dip the glass into it.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles right onto the glass. You can do this over a plate to reuse any sprinkles that drop on the plate.
- Blend the ice cream, milk and whipped cream in a blender.
- Pour into the glasses and top with whipped cream.
- Add green sprinkles to the whipped cream and a stick of the Kit Kat to the top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 941Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 125gFiber: 3gSugar: 106gProtein: 19g
I hope you enjoy these delicious minty shakes for St. Patrick’s day or any day you’re looking for something minty! If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our cookbook, Cooking With Kids!
For an added bit of fun, check out these cute Magic Rainbow Seeds. These are a great little gift idea for the kids, or for the kids to make for their friends. Enjoy our free Magic Rainbow Seeds Printable >