I am so excited to share this super easy recipe for delicious pumpkin ice cream sandwiches! These are so simple and fun to make with the fam. We tried these out on my kiddo's birthday for a fun fall treat. The sandwiches would also be a perfect after a big Thanksgiving meal because the ice cream is so smooth and light.
Why use Pumpkin for Ice Cream Sandwiches?
Making pumpkin ice cream is super simple. First, set the ice cream out to defrost a bit. I left mine out for about 25 minutes. Combine pumpkin, ice cream and cinnamon until completely mixed. I tried using a stand mixture and learned that was a bad move. I had pumpkin and ice cream all over the place. It works best if you just stir with a spoon in a large bowl. Pumpkin ice cream is a super fun fall treat!
What are the Ingredients?
The ingredients in this recipe are super simple. They all come together well to make delicious fall flavors.
- Pumpkin in a can: Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin. I love using Libby's pumpkin because it is all-natural and contains no preservatives.
- Dreyers's slow churned light vanilla bean ice cream
- Cinnamon or sugar cookies: I like to use pepperidge farm cookies. They often have cinnamon, white chocolate or sugar cookies which would all work well. You could also make fresh baked or purchase from the bakery.
- Mini chocolate chips
Add the remaining cookies on top of the ice cream and push down gently. Roll the sandwiches through the mini chocolate chips or sprinkle the chocolate chips on the sides of the sandwiches. Go ahead and eat or place them in the freezer with wax paper.
- 1 pound Dreyer's slow churned light Vanilla Bean ice cream
- ½ cup of Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2-3 packages (or 16 cookies) of soft cinnamon or sugar cookies
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Set the ice cream out to defrost a bit. I left mine out for about 25 minutes.
- Combine pumpkin, ice cream and cinnamon until completely mixed.
- Place ice cream in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Set half of your cookies with the flat side up on a wax paper lined tray.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place the pumpkin ice cream on top of the cookie.
- Add the remaining cookies on top of the ice cream and push down gently.
- Roll the sandwiches through the mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze or enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g
And, that's it! Super easy and delicious pumpkin ice cream sandwiches. These can be eaten right away or saved in the freezer for a few days. Make sure to cover the sandwiches if you freeze them. Let the sandwiches sit out for about 15 minutes to defrost a bit before enjoying. Your family will love this tasty pumpkin flavored treat for a unique Thanksgiving dessert. Let me know if you try it. Enjoy!