I stopped by Trader Joes this week to pick up some Everything But The Bagel seasoning but they were all out. I saw Everything But The Elote seasoning and had to try it. It’s really tasty and has rich notes of chili pepper, chipotle, cotija cheese and cumin! Next came Elote Deviled Eggs! These are a really fun twist on traditional deviled eggs. I added some toasted mixed corn to really pull in the flavors of Mexican Street Corn. Grab the recipe below!
First, boil the eggs. I typically set eggs in a pot and cover with an inch of water. Then I heat until the water boils then take the eggs off the heat and let the eggs sit for 13 minutes. Drain the eggs and run cool water on top to stop the cooking process.
Next, make traditional deviled eggs. Cut all the eggs in half and remove the yolk. You can put these in a bowl or directly into a plastic bag. Then add in mayo, mustard and salt. Mix completely then pipe into each egg. Then, get the corn ready. I used frozen mixed corn, defrosted and heated in the toaster oven.
Lastly, sprinkle the corn and the Elote seasoning on top of the deviled eggs. These are a fun twist to regular deviled eggs and make for a tasty snack or side dish. Enjoy! xo, Bri
- 12 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup of Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon of Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Frozen Mixed Corn
- 2 Teaspoons of Everything But the Elote Seasoning
- Boil Eggs: Add eggs to a pot and fill with 1 inch of water over the eggs. Let water boil then remove the pot of eggs from the heat, let stand for 13 minutes. Drain eggs and run cool water over the eggs. Peel eggs and slice in half.
- Make Traditonal Deviled Eggs: Mix yolk, mayo, mustard and salt in a boil or directly in a plastic bag. Cut the tip of the bag and pipe the filling into the eggs.
- Defrost Corn in the microwave then toast for 1-2 minutes in the toaster oven.
- Sprinkle eggs with corn and Elote Seasoning.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g