We’ve been enjoying a lot of smoothies around here these days and have had chia seeds on hand. I thought it would be fun to make an Easy Chia Pudding with two ways of enjoying it. Chia seeds have a lot of nutritional value and pudding is really simple to make. You just need two ingredients for Chia Pudding. I used a vanilla almond milk mixed with chia seeds. You do need to let the pudding come together in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Try our mango-banana-coconut or blueberry-coconut topping!
How to Make Chia Pudding?
Combine chia seeds with any milk. For this Easy Chia Pudding recipe, I used vanilla almond milk so it has some sweetness in it already. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then stir again. Then place in the fridge overnight if possible, or at least 2 hours.
Once the pudding has set, you can spoon it into dishes. You could also separate into dishes before hand but I found this easier to do the next day.
Next, make your toppings. For the mango topping, place a handful of frozen mango into a handheld blender with water and blend. Pour on top of your chia pudding. Add sliced bananas and sprinkle coconut shavings on top.
Same goes for the blueberry topping. Blend a handful of frozen blueberries with a little bit of water. Then pour it on top of the chia pudding. Sprinkle with fresh blueberries and shaved coconut.
- 1/2 Cup of Chia Seeds
- 2 1/2 Cups of Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Mango
- 1 Banana, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Shaved Coconut
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- Combine chia seeds and almond milk in a medium size bowl.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then stir.
- Refridgerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Stir and pour into cups or small bowls.
- Blend Mango and 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Pour on top of one pudding. Add bananas and 1 tablespoon of coconut.
- Blend frozen blueberries and 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Pour on top of one pudding. Add fresh blueberries and 1 tablespoon of coconut.
- Repeat for addiitonal toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 11gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g
We hope you enjoy this fun breakfast option! xo, Bri