This Maple & Vanilla Bean Frosted Pumpkin Bread is going to be your new fav fall treat, at least it is mine! Our Banana Bread recipe is one of the most viewed recipes on the blog so I know you’re going to love this one too! I’m really enjoying all of the fall flavors, the warm clothes and colors of this season already. I’m really not typically a fall girl, summer is usually my jam but I’m really getting into it this year. Embracing the seasons as they are, instead of holding on to what’s past. So, if you’re looking for some fall flavors, you are going to want to make this pumpkin bread with maple and vanilla bean frosting as soon as possible!
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin bread is fairly easy to make, as long as you’re using canned pumpkin puree. You can also make it from a fresh pumpkin but I’m really not that fancy. First, combine your dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients. You’ll add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, give it a good stir and bake for about an hour. One thing I added this year is pumpkin pie spice which really brings out more flavors to the bread.
Pumpkin bread takes one extra step by using an extra bowl, verses banana bread but it helps get all the dry ingredients combined well.
You don’t want to over mix either. Just stir ingredients until combined. Once all the ingredients are together, you can pour the batter into the greased pan to bake.
How to Make Maple Vanilla Bean Frosting
While the bread is cooking, you can make the frosting. You’re going to want to use room temperature cream cheese to make the frosting. If you’re in a pinch, you can microwave it slowly by 10 second increments. Add the cream cheese to a stand mixer and add the maple syrup and vanilla bean. Make sure to use a good quality maple syrup for maximum flavor! Use the paddle attachment on low to medium speed to blend the ingredients together. Make sure it looks creamy and combined to know the frosting is ready!
Once the bread has cooled for about 10 minutes, you can add the frosting.
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Butter, Melted + 1 Tsp butter for pan
- 1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients with sugar: pumpkin, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes or until a tootpick comes out clean from the center.
- Make frosting: add cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste to stand mixer and mix with a paddle attachment until smooth.
- Let the bread cool about 10 minutes and then pour the frosting on top. Smooth out with a spatula.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 6g
I hope you enjoy this Maple and Vanilla Bean Frosted Pumpkin Bread and cozy fall days ahead! xo, Bri