Who needs creamy chicken enchiladas in their life?! 🙋🏼♀️ Enchiladas are one of the first dishes I learned how to make. My mom and Grandma make these on the regular too. I love that these are so easy to switch up with different flavors. I’ve got a recipe below for creamy chicken enchiladas that can be made any night of the week. These are great for leftovers too!
Enchiladas are not the most beautiful thing in the world and can be a bit tricky to photograph but it’s all a learning curve! I made these earlier this week and had leftovers for days. This is a quick dish to make when you have company coming over too! We shared ours with some friends this week.
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 Pound of chicken breast strips
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 package of tortillas
- 1 can red enchiladas sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- Sauté onion in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and water. Cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Drain any excess water. Add cream cheese and stir till combined.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of enchiladas sauce in 13 x 9 baking dish and spread evenly.
- Add filling to tortilla and roll up.
- Add each rolled up tortilla to baking dish till full.
- Top with remaining enchiladas sauce. Sprinkle cheese and green chilies on top.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Give these a try or pin the image below to save the recipe!