Cookie Dough Ice Cream Ice Box Cake is my new favorite way to serve ice cream! It is so easy to put together and you can mix it up with all different flavors of ice cream. All you really need are graham crackers, ice cream and whipped cream. I first made this for our weeklong camping trip in the trailer up the coast. Ice box cakes are great for camping or serving to a group.
What is an Ice Box Cake?
Ice Box cakes are typically a combination of wafers and whipped cream that come together after placing in the refrigerator. This Ice Cream Ice Box Cake is placed in the freezer to keep it as more of an ice cream cake. The graham crackers end up getting soft like cake once they have set in the freezer. I love that ice box cakes are so easy to make and take minimal ingredients to put together. You can change up the flavor by adding different toppings or just keep it simple.
How to Make a Cookie Dough Ice Cream Ice Box Cake?
All you really need to do is think of layers when creating an ice box cake. First, add a layer of graham crackers to the bottom of a pan. I used a half size foil pan to make it easy to take camping.
Next, you will add your first layer of ice cream. I used one half of the gallon of ice cream. It is easiest to spread if you let it sit out for a few minutes, or make it right after grocery shopping because it is usually pretty soft then too. Add a few big scoops to different areas of the pan then spread it out evenly with a spatula.
Next, you can add a layer of whipped cream. I used half of the container of cool whip. For this recipe, I added a layer of mini marshmallows.
Then, repeat the layers. First add graham crackers, ice cream, then cool whip.
To decorate the top, I added mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips. Then freeze for at least 4 hours before serving to make sure it has time to set. Grab the full recipe below!
- 1 Gallon of Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 8 oz of Cool Whip
- 2 Sleeves of Graham Crackers
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- ½ Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
- Add a layer of graham crackers to the bottom of a ½ foil pan or a 13 x 9 pan.
- Add half of the ice cream in spoonfuls on top of the graham crackers. Spread evenly on top with a spatula.
- Add half of the cool whip in spoonfuls on top of the ice cream. Spread evenly on top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle a layer of half of the marshmallows.
- Repead the layers starting with the graham crackers, ice cream then whipped cream.
- Top with remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Freeze overnight or at least 4 hours to let it set.
- Slice and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 52gProtein: 7g
I hope you enjoy this tasty dessert! xo, Bri