I love a good reason to celebrate and a fun reason to bake goodies! This weekend we worked on our baked donut recipe and you’re going to love it! It’s a very simple recipe and will be an awesome way to spread love this Valentine’s Day or any day you want to enjoy these baked goodies! You can easily swap out the sprinkles to a different color or theme for any occasion. These baked donuts are moist, vanilla flavored and almost pancake like, which I love for a tasty breakfast bite.
How to Make Baked Donuts
Baked donuts are far easier to make than you might think. You are going to need a donut pan. This recipe is perfect for 6 donuts. If you’re cooking for more, I would use 2 donut pans and double the recipe so you don’t have to do each step twice. First, you will coat the donut pan with coconut oil. Next, mix the wet ingredients with the sugar in one bowl and the dry ingredients in a second bowl. Then add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir. Add the dough into a plastic bag to pipe the dough into each donut space.
The trick for adding the dough to a ziplock, is to wrap the ziplock around a cup so the cup can hold the bag open for you. Next spin the top of the bag to remove the air and cut about 1/4 inch off of the tip of the bag.
When you pipe the dough into the pan, be sure to not over fill the space. Do not cover the middle or go above the center of the pan or the donuts will not have a center. Using a bag to pipe the dough helps to create even looking donuts. If you look at the photo below, you can see the difference in the bottom left donut, which was filled with a spoon.
For this recipe, I made a simple glaze with just powdered sugar and milk. Then sprinkle on the sprinkles. Grab the full recipe below and lets see your donut creations!
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil for Coating the Pan
- 1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream or Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Coat Donut Pan with Coconut Oil
- Add Flour, Baking Powder and Salt to a Bowl
- Add Sugar, Egg, Cream and Vanilla to a Bowl
- Stir Dry Mixture into Wet Mixture
- Add Dough to a Plastic Bag, Cut a 1/4 Inch Tip Off
- Pipe Dough into Donut Pan, Keep dough at or Below the Center of the Donut Hole
- Bake For 10-12 Minutes
- Make Icing: Stir Powdered Sugar and Heavy Cream Together
- Take Donuts Out of the Pan and Let Cool
- Frost Donuts With Icing Using a Spoon
- Sprinkle on the Sprinkles!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 5g
We hope you and your family enjoy these tasty baked donuts this Valentine’s Day, or any day! Sending you all tons of love this February. xo, Bri
Pin the image below to save for later!