In need of a ladies night out in downtown San Diego?! I’ve got the spot for you right in the Gaslamp district. Rustic Root is a super fun, chill and trendy spot with a rooftop overlooking downtown San Diego. I went for a pre-birthday celebration and we really enjoyed this place! Rustic Root is right in the heart of downtown and has lots of tasty options for food and festive drinks!
The Drinks at Rustic Root
This place has all the fun drinks you could possibly imagine! I highly recommend the Pistols & Petticoats which is knob creek, lemon juice lavender syrup and prosecco. I’m not typically a bourbon drinker but this combo was on point. It’s also a very full beverage if you’re looking to stretch your budget. Plus, its called Pistols & Petticoats, who doesn’t want to try that?! Other drinks I recommend at Rustic Root include:
- Spanish Sunrise: cazadores blanco, pressed lime fresh lavender, tonic
- Caribe Colada: Bacardi, whalers dark rum, coconut cream, golden falernum coconut water, pineapple
- Spicy Sandi: Tito’s, watermelon juice, lemon juice, lime juice agave, jalapeño, mint
- Starburst Shot: Svedka, orgeat, cranberry, triple sec, lime juice
We ate on the rooftop at Rustic Root which has a different menu than their downstairs restaurant. Both menus offer incredible options like the following:
- Salmon Tartare Tacos: salmon, avocado, sriracha aioli, seaweed salad, tobikko
- Fire Cracker Shrimp: sriracha aioli, spicy sweet mango drizzle, espelee
- Rustic Flatbread: tomato sauce, burrata, basil, salami
- Lobster Pappardelle: oven roasted tomatoes, spinach, corn chili flake, sherry cream, breadcrumbs
- Table Smoked Tomahawk: 16oz prime bone-in ribeye, potato fondant pearl onion, red wine demi
- Burrata Panzanella: green garlic pesto, heirloom tomatoes, mint basil, sourdough, balsamic vinaigrette
Rustic Root serves up rustic American dishes with a modern flare. Their rooftop bar is very popular and filled with a young crowd. They play popular music and serve up high-quality cocktails. There are large booths along the edge of the deck that should be reserved ahead of time to guarantee a spot. There are several smaller tables and bar tops that walk-ins can snag too. It’s a beautiful spot to mingle and get your evening going!
If you’re looking to celebrate your birthday or any occasion really, Rustic Root is an awesome spot! They have tasty shots and you’re not going to want to miss their birthday dessert! Their amazing ice cream bowl is filled with toppings and even sparklers!
This hot spot is located right in the Gaslamp in Downtown San Diego. It’s a super fun place to grab a drink with friends or enjoy a meal for date night!
535 5th Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
Monday – Friday 4pm – 2am
Saturday – Sunday 9am – 2am
Rustic Root hosted us for drinks and dessert. All opinions are my own. We had a fun time at this happenin spot!