One of my favorite dishes of all time is a simple bruschetta. You’ve got to make this easy bruschetta with the kids this season! With the beautiful and vibrant colors from the tomatoes and basil, this dish will surely stand out at your next holiday party! I’m sharing a how-to video on Melissa’s Produce YouTube channel today! Watch the video for step by step instructions on how to make this easy bruschetta with the kids! The full recipe is below too!
How to Make Bruschetta?
I have found this to be the easiest way to make a delicious and fresh bruschetta! The kids will love making this dish too because it is easy and includes simple ingredients. First, slice the baguette into 1 inch pieces. Next, drizzle with olive oil and bake or toast for 5 minutes.
While the baguette slices are cooking, you can slice up the tomatoes into 1/4 inch pieces and saute in olive oil and garlic for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and add basil and salt. Stir and then spoon onto each slice of baguette.
Not only is this a fun recipe for the kids to make, but it also looks beautiful for a holiday party.
- 1 Baguette, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil for bread, 2 Tablespoons for tomatoes
- 1 Cup Of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- Toast baguette slices with a drizzle of olive oil in toaster oven for 5 minutes.
- Dice cherry tomatoes into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Sauté tomatoes in olive oil and garlic for 3 minutes in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt and basil and stir.
- Spoon onto each slice of baguette then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
I hope you and your kiddos enjoy making this recipe! If you like this recipe, check out our cookbook, Cooking With Kids for more ideas.
Happy Holidays! xo, Bri