These Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches are so easy to make and so delicious! This recipe makes 12 breakfast sandwiches out of 2 packages of English muffins, a 24 pack of eggs, fully-cooked bacon, cheddar cheese and you can add pesto later for extra flavor. This makes enough for 3 full breakfasts for our family of 4. Once the sandwiches are assembled, you can wrap in a paper towel, then save them individually in plastic bags or containers in the freezer. Or package in packs of 4 like we did for a family breakfast. I'm bringing a 4 pack of these camping with us and saving a 4 pack for the first morning of school. Any way to plan ahead this season will be extra helpful!
How to Make Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
I picked up all of my ingredients at Costco for the easiest make ahead breakfast sandwiches. The English muffins come in a 4 pack package. I used 2 packages for this recipe which is 12 English muffins. I used fully cooked bacon to make this super simple but you could also cook your own bacon if you prefer. Costco also has the 24 pack of eggs which is great for this recipe. I picked up Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese but you can use any cheese you'd like. I also added a jar of basil pesto because I wanted to mix up the flavor from time to time. This doesn't need to be added while making ahead. You can add it to an individual sandwich later.
First things first, preheat the oven to 350. Next, crack all your eggs into a medium to large size bowl. Add heavy cream, salt and pepper and stir. Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Carefully transfer the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
While the eggs are cooking, slice each English muffin in half with a serrated knife. I toasted the English muffins in my toaster oven to get them just a little toasted.
Assembling the Breakfast Sandwiches
Once the eggs are cooked through, pull the parchment paper up off of the baking sheet and place onto a cutting board. Next, add the sliced cheese to the top. It fits almost perfectly if you line them up in rows and columns to make 12 pieces. Then, use a pizza cutter if you have one and slice into 12 rectangles using the cheese as your guide.
Use a spatula to add the egg and cheese to a bottom of an English muffin. Top with 1-2 slices of cooked bacon and then add the top of the English muffin.
- 24 Eggs
- 12-24 Slices of Cooked Bacon
- 12 English Muffins
- 12 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
- Pesto (Optional)
- ¼ Cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Crack eggs into a medium to large bowl.
- Add cream, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Slice english muffins in half and toast in toaster oven for ~5 minutes or lightly toasted.
- Once the eggs are cooked through, pull the parchment paper up off of the baking sheet and place onto a cutting board.
- Next, add the sliced cheese to the top. It fits almost perfectly if you line them up in rows and columns to make 12 pieces.
- Use a pizza cutter if you have one and slice into 12 rectangles using the cheese as your guide.
- Use a spatula to place the egg and cheese onto the bottom piece of each english muffin. Add 1-2 slices of cooked bacon (fold in half to fit). Add top of the muffin to each top.
- Wrap each sandwich into a paper towel. Place in individual plastic bags or 4 per large bag. Place in the freezer to enjoy later or in the fridge for the next day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 542Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 429mgSodium: 1029mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 32g
Make 12 bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches for now or freeze for later! xo, Bri