It’s official! We turned in all 101 recipes for the Cooking With Kids cookbook! This has been such a fun adventure with the kiddos. We are also sharing our recipe for Lemon Crinkle Cookies today because it was the last recipe we photographed and felt like a fun treat to celebrate with. These fluffy little mounds of tart dough, are covered in sweet powdered sugar! This is a tasty dessert for any day. Read on to learn how to make lemon crinkle cookies and get the latest scoop on the cookbook.
Cooking With Kids
We have a new name for the cookbook! Instead of “Kids in the Kitchen”, It will be called “Cooking With Kids!” After a lot of research, the publisher found this new name was not yet taken and would be the best fit for this book. I really like the name and I hope you do too! I can’t believe we submitted all of the recipes this week. It was a little bittersweet because we’ve been having so much fun with it. It’s super exciting to have it all submitted though and I can’t wait for the next steps.
We have another concept in mind that I can’t wait to share with you, but I will wait till we know if it’s a go. I also have plans to create more new recipes for the blog and bring you new stories starting next week! Now, let’s get to these cookies!
Lemon Crinkle Cookie Dough
I really love how easy these cookies are to make. They have a vibrant flavor and are so simple. The dough is like any other start to a cookie dough, but it has lemon zest and lemon juice! Once the dough is made, simply roll the balls of dough into powdered sugar and bake!
- 2 Cups of Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy in a stand mixer
- Zest the whole lemon and add to sugar mixture, then combine
- Add the eggs, one at a time and stir on low
- Juice the lemon and add to mixture, add vanilla extract until combined
- Slowly add the flour mixture until combined
- Add Powdered Sugar to a small bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop to roll the dough into into 1/2 inch balls and roll each ball in powdered sugar until covered
- Arrange 2" apart on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for ~12 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
We hope you enjoy these yummy lemon crinkle cookies! We will keep you posted on the cookbook release date once it is available, but keep an eye out in early summer! 😉 xo, Bri, Kyla & James
Pin the image below to save for later!