I’ve always been a fan of hosting events. I host family events, parties, get-togethers and most recently, a Brunch & Paint Event. There is something about getting people together, enjoying delicious food and having a fun time that makes me so excited. Hosting a Brunch & Paint Event can be pretty easy if you’re the party planning type. You’ve also got to have a love for painting or crafts of some sort. I also love creating a space or opportunity for people to connect, relax and enjoy a good time. My latest Brunch & Paint Event was hosted in my backyard for a few local awesome ladies.
How to Host A Brunch & Paint Event
There’s a few simple ways to create a fun and exciting brunch & paint event for your friends and family.
1. Set the stage – You’ll need a large table for painting and a space for the food. You’ll need a space for you to paint so others can view it, like an easel.
2. Grab your supplies – For painting you will need canvas, paint, paint brushes, paper plates, wipes or paper towels and water cups
3. Pick a painting or create one yourself from a photo
4. Make your food ahead – I made banana chocolate chip muffins and a spinach with goat cheese frittata the evening before the event and cut up some pineapple.
5. Prepare to teach – and engage your friends and family
6. Last minute details – Put on a pot of coffee and any other drinks. Set out cups, plates, utensils, napkins
7. Greet your guests – When your guests arrive, be sure to offer them a beverage then explain how the event will go
I greeted my guests with hot coffee and a carafe of ice water. I have a few white mugs and removable mug markers for writing their names on the cups. This is a fun and creative way to get each other talking and drawing. Then I showed them the brunch bar and our table set up for painting.
We took some time to eat, chat and relax before diving into painting. This was a 2 hour event and the timing went well. With a more detailed painting, you would want to add more time or start the painting while eating. I prefer to have time for each to create a more relaxing environment.
The ladies really enjoyed taking time out for themselves to paint, eat and relax. Our lives can get so busy these days, especially if we don’t take time out for ourselves. Been there. These events are great for a little relaxation with friends and family.
I love how their paintings turned out and that they got to have a little downtime in the middle of the week.
I love hosting people for Brunch & Paint events and there will be more to come in 2019! Also, I’m loving my new hair style and color thanks to Plaza Hair Salon in Rancho Bernardo. Keep an eye out in 2019 for new Brunch & Paint events hosted by BriGeeski – or host one yourself! I’d love to see photos of you in action!
Enjoy! xo – Bri