A friend of mine recently made a dish with beef and eggplant and it was delicious! Ever since then I have been thinking about cooking with eggplant but I have never tried it before. I looked through a few recipes and came up with this one.
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 1 medium Eggplant, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 handfull of Chopped Onion (I used frozen)
- 1 handfull of Bell Peppers (Any color. I used the frozen mixed bell peppers)
- 2 tablespoons of Garlic
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon of Chile Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Seasoned Salt
- 2 Cups of White Rice
Cook Rice according to package directions.
Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain well. Reduce heat and add eggplant, onions, bell peppers and garlic. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the chicken broth. Stir in seasonings and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or to desired consistency. Serve mixture on top of white rice. I found these healthy tips about eggplant too!
I now LOVE eggplant 🙂 I have never really had it until recently. Enjoy!