You guys, you have to try these Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies! They are the absolute best! I’ve been using my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe for so long but I wanted to try something with a little more salty goodness and I’ve got the best recipe for you to try! This chocolate chip cookie recipe adds in rich brown butter and a sprinkle of finishing salt on top, that will make you question all other recipes!
It just so happens to be the first day of fall, which means baking time is here! I love making chocolate chip cookies since they are my favorite dessert. I haven’t baked in a couple months which is pretty out of the norm for me but most things are these days! It was fun to use the Kitchen Aid again and bake these tasty cookies! I love fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven. These are definitely extra with that brown butter and finishing salt touch! Grab the full recipe below.
- 1 3/4 Cups of Flour
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Unsalted at Room Temperature
- 1/4 Cup of Butter, Browned
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup of Chopped Baking 70% Cocoa Chocolate
- 1 Tsp Finishing Salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Brown a 1/2 cup of butter in a skillet by melting until it bubbles. Turn off the heat after it bubbles for about 30 seconds so it doesn't burn. Place in a dish in the freezer to get cold.
- In a mixing bowl, add in room temperature butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Combine with paddle attachment. Add in egg till combined. Add in vanilla and brown butter. Add in flour mixture until just mixed.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Bake at 375 for 9 minutes or until bottom edges look brown.
- Sprinkle finishing salt on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
The kids love to bake too and James helped me out with this recipe. He loves pouring the ingredients into the bowl and tasting each item. I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we did! xo, Bri
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links. Thank you for your support!