A morning tea party is just what my friends and I needed. We chatted, nibbled, laughed and relaxed on a Saturday morning. We all enjoyed trying different tea flavors and the Chocolate Cranberry DOVE® Fruit Scones were a bit hit.
Before the party started I headed to Walmart for all of my party supplies. You can find DOVE® Fruit in the bagged candy aisle. I found a few really cute party supplies too! I love the wooden letters that spell out TEA. It was such an easy decor element to add to the party spread. I’ve also been loving black and white party themes with big pops of color. I grabbed a yard of polka dot fabric for the table runner. I chose yellow, teal, pink and red for the other colors.
Aside from the delicious DOVE® Fruit chocolate cranberry scones (recipe below), we also had fruit + yogurt cups and a variety of tea sandwiches.
I thought it would only be fitting to send home a mini bag of DOVE® Fruit as a party favor for my guests. I placed the different flavors (cranberry, blueberry & cherry chocolates) into small paper craft bags with a little Thank You note.
Since I was hosting a tea party and didn’t have tea cups I went to the Good Will and found a set for $7. I had picked up these cute chalkboard gift tags at Walmart and used them as name tags for the tea cups so we wouldn’t lose track of our cups.
We all had a wonderful time and everyone really enjoyed the decor, tea and treats. This was such a fun and easy party to throw together for a group of girlfriends. We hope to make this a more regular event for catching up and I’ll be sure to bring my Cranberry Chocolate Scones!
- 3/4 cup of half and half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chilled butter- cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Chocolate DOVE® Fruit
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cover baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Combine the first four ingredients (half and half, sugar, vanilla extract, egg) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, in a separate large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Cut in chilled butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Mix butter well with hands.
- Add milk mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Gently fold in Cranberry Chocolate DOVE® Fruit.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly four times with floured hands.
- Form dough into an 9-inch circle onto baking sheet, about 3/4? thick.
- Using a knife, cut dough into wedges all the way through.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes.
I’ve shared my favorite tips for hosting a morning ladies tea party. I’d love to hear about yours! Leave a comment sharing your favorite tips!
This is a sponsored post with DOVE® Fruit. All opinions are my own.