My first guest post for Mira Mesa Mom was published today! So fun! I attended an event hosted at Sprinkles in La Jolla and learned how to frost a Sprinkles cupcake. Then I got to write about it on Mira Mesa Mom. Here is a sneak peak:
I never seem to be able to frost a cupcake and make it look professional so I was very excited to learn more. They had about 12 assorted unfrosted cupcakes set out with a variety of frostings and sprinkle toppings available.
How to Frost a Sprinkles Cupcake:
1. Use a small flat spatula
2. Apply a lot of frosting to the top of the cupcake
3. Spread the frosting on the sides of the cupcake top
4. Keep your spatula clean
5. Flatten the frosting out on top
6. Spread frosting out a few times to get a clean look
7. Dip the frosted cupcake in a bowl of sprinkles to cover
8. Add an embellishment for decor
Read More on Mira Mesa Mom.
My kiddo and I had a lot of fun learning how to frost cupcakes… well I did at least. She was more into eating the cupcakes and checking out what everyone was up to 🙂 We will be back to try out more flavors soon!
*Sprinkles provided an exclusive class for media including complimentary cupcakes. All opinions are my own.