The Summer Del Mar Racing Season is here in San Diego! I always love attending opening day, which is tomorrow, July 22nd! I also have the scoop for all Del Mar Racetrack events coming up! Going to the races on opening day is a longtime San Diego tradition. It is THE DAY to wear fun or fancy attire and lavash hats. It’s the day to attend “The Party”, bet on a few races and do all the people watching. If you’re looking for fun and fabulous events in Del Mar, check out our Del Mar Racetrack Events Guide below!
2022 Del Mar Racetrack Events Guide
- Every Sunday, Taste of the Turf Club
- Every Friday, Turf Club Fridays
- Saturday, August 13, Uncorked Wine Festival
- Saturday, August 20, Taco & Beer Festival
- Saturday, August 27, Taste of New Orleans
- Saturday, September 3, Pacific Classic Betting Challenge
- Sunday, September 4, Family Fun Day
- View Full Events Calendar >
Del Mar Racing Promotions
If you’re looking for Del Mar racetrack promotions and other specials, check out these great ideas here:
If you’re looking to head to the Del Mar Racetrack this season, be sure to check out one of their awesome special events.
2022 Del Mar Racing Season Information
First post daily 2 PM, 4 PM Fridays
Gates open two hours before first post.
Not Open Mondays & Tuesdays
- Opening Day (Sold Out)
- Racedays $6-$10
- Children under 17 admitted free with an adult
For full details and information, please visit the events calendar.
This year we attended a preview party at the Brigantine in Del Mar. They have awesome views of the racetrack if you’re looking for a pre or after party location.
We hope you have fun at any of the Del Mar racetrack events! Please let us know if you go! xo, Bri
We received media passes to check out opening day. All opinions are my own.