Rubio’s 3rd Annual Coast Fest is coming May 10th! This free event includes Beach Cleanup, Complimentary Food and Drinks, Music Festival, VIP Beer Garden and Educational Components.
Researchers say the world’s oceans are at a critical point in their existence, from climate changes and ocean acidification, to poor fishing practices and pollution. The actions taken to protect the oceans throughout the next 10 years will determine the state of the oceans for the next 10,000 years.
About Coast Fest
With more than 1,600 attendees expected to join the festivities at the Oceanside Pier on May 10, the celebration will kick off at 10 a.m. with community members going the extra nautical mile at a beach cleanup hosted by I Love a Clean San Diego. Last year’s efforts resulted in more than 350 pounds of trash being removed from the coastline. This year, beach cleanup participants should bring a bucket, gloves, sun protection and a reusable water bottle. For more beach cleanup information, please visit: www.rubios.com/CoastFest.
Following the beach cleanup, the celebration includes:
- CoastFest activities – this year’s celebration is full of exciting freebies and activities, including: prizes from the Rubio’s prize wheel, surf lessons, a mobile aquarium, face painting, an inflatable jumpy house and a photo booth to capture the day’s memories.
- Complimentary food and drinks – guests will be able to enjoy a Rubio’s sustainable Grilled or Blackened Regal Springs® Taco, handmade guacamole featuring Hass avocados and chips, freshly prepared salsa, beverages and more.
- Music festival – guests are invited to visit the main stage throughout the celebration for free live music from a collection of local Southern California bands, as well as FM 94/9. Musical acts include: Jet West, a reggae/rock band from San Diego that fuses traditional rock with elements of reggae and hard rock and Bad Neighborz, a 2012 San Diego Music Award nominee for Best Artist. Families can also enjoy live, interactive performances from Clint Perry & The Boo Hoo Crew in the Kid’s Zone.
- VIP Beer Garden – a new addition to this year’s CoastFest, Rubio’s has added a VIP beer garden to the celebration – featuring Karl Strauss beer and Lolailo Sangria. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for kids. Guests can purchase tickets here: www.rubios.com/CoastFest.
- Kids’ Zone educational elements – Rubio’s understands that the ocean makes everything it does possible and in turn is passionate about educating future generations. To ensure a love of the ocean is passed down, the Ocean Institute’s “Ocean in Motion” aquarium touch tank, as well as the mobile learning center courtesy of the Wyland Foundation® will be on site for children of all ages.
- Complimentary surf lessons – onsite surf lessons will be available to attendees from Surfin’ Fire.
Supporting local businesses. All opinions are my own.