This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FallGlamping #Glamping #CollectiveBias
For all of you who do not like camping, there is no way you will not LOVE Glamping. What is Glamping you ask? It is basically luxurious or glamorous camping. I have been camping since I was a little kid. I started out camping in a tent or the back of a truck and have slowly graduated into what people are now calling glamping. You will probably never catch me camping in a tent again. Why would I want to do that when I could have a bed and all the nicer luxuries of being at home but on-the-go? I put together a really fun woodland themed party with a delicious meal and dessert that you can easily throw together at your next glamping adventure.
I gathered up everything I needed for our woodland theme party at Walmart. I wanted a fun menu that was just a little bit different than regular camping food. I still got the s’mores but this time I’m using peanut butter cups for the chocolate. Yum! You can find other fun s’more recipe ideas here >. As for the dinner I picked up a couple Freschetta pizzas and made a delicious fresh salad. I can’t believe Mark has been making his own salad dressing. I know it really isn’t that hard but MY husband makes his own salad dressing. How crazy is that?! This man hardly even ever ate salad until a few months ago. Now he finds it very refreshing to eat during lunch on work days. I’m going to share his super simple and delicious recipe with you below.
Before we get into all the tasty food, let’s talk about this fun set up! If you want to take your regular camping adventures up a notch and start glamping, here are my suggestions:
1. Get Comfy – Bring items from home or pick a few items up from Walmart, like I did. I picked up a couple nice indoor rugs, a camping table, a fabric tablecloth and vases.
2. Be One with Nature – Decorate your table and the outside of your rug with plants. This really helps bring everything together.
3. Liven it up! – Bring on the party fun! Pick a theme and bring along a few items to tie your ideas together. I wanted to do something with a fall theme so I picked a woodland theme for this party. I grabbed cute little owl towels, a fox and owl plate, saucers and that adorable Love banner.
We just happen to have our old school motorhome set up in the backyard so we did our glamping there. You can always use these glamping tips if you are tent camping, chillin for the day by the beach or wherever your situation takes you.
Here’s a peak inside the motorhome. Mark redid the entire interior right after we got it. It feels so much more modern and open since he did the upgrades. He painted all the old wood paneling white with little bits of blue which really made the inside feel bigger. He replaced the carpet with dark grey wood and removed some of the old curtains. It really made this “Camper Van” fun to be in.
For our dinner, I grilled up a couple Freschetta pizzas on the BBQ. Yes, you can grill frozen pizza on the BBQ. How awesome is that? Here are a few tips for grilling your pizzas:
- For safety and quality, cook pizza to an internal temperature of 160ºF
- Keep pizza frozen prior to grilling
- Preheat grill on high for about 5 minutes
- Remove pizza from carton, clear film and cardboard
- Place pizza on a double layered aluminum foil in the middle of the grill
- Turn grill to low and cook for 10 to 14 minutes.
- Let pizza stand 2 minutes before serving.
- Pizza is done when cheese is melted and crust bottom is golden brown
He makes this dressing on Sunday and uses it for the week. I added his tasty salad dressing to a very simple arugula, spinach, tomato and parmesan salad. It is the perfect blend.
I made a few “sticks” out of candy bars and just stacked them up. I also made “mushrooms” out of cut up apple and marshmallows. Just stick a toothpick in between and it looks like cute little mushrooms. I also picked up these chalkboard signs to help show off the fun treats.
For our dessert, I put together some S’mores party favors. These are so fun because you can prepare little baggies of treats ahead of time. I love this because even if your friends don’t want to eat the s’mores after dinner, they can just grab a bag to go.
Peanut Butter Cup S’mores
Honey Maid Crackers
Peanut Butter Cups
I made these super fun little “Enjoy S’More Fun” printables to attach to the bag. Download the printable > These are my new favorite type of party favor. It is so easy just to put your little gift in a sandwich bag and top it with a bag cover. I used my new HP Envy printer to print out the bag tags.
Oooey, Gooey and delicious!
I hope you enjoyed these Glamping and woodland themed party tips. I can’t wait to see your glamping adventures! Tag @BriGeeski and #Glamping so we can all view along. Happy Glamping!